From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-03 17:19:24

Martin Wille wrote:
> Stefan Seefeld wrote:
>> Martin Wille wrote:
>>
>>> There's apparently a very new regression in Boost.Optional. I hope that
>>> can be fixed before we mark it expected.
>> I believe you are referring to the 'import_' test in boost.python. That's
>> a new test I added (after review), to demonstrate an existing failure, together
>> with a fix.
>> It works fine for me. The fact that it fails everywhere makes me wonder whether
>> this is build system related, i.e. whether I missed something in the Jamfile (v2).
>
> In case you didn't see my message on IRC:
>
> I ran your test manually and, according to strace, it tried to look for
> modules in the wrong directory. I had the same problem two days ago and
> I solved it by calling Py_SetProgramName() and passing the path to the
> python binary to it.

Thanks ! While I can certainly call Py_SetProgramName(), I'm quite reluctant
to do that just yet. I'd rather reproduce the error first (without falling back
to strace). So I ask again: How are the tests run during regression testing ?

Once I know, I'll apply your suggested change, and if that indeed solves
the problem, commit it.

Thanks,
                Stefan