From: Jeremy Pack (rostovpack_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-06 13:28:15

As a former CORBA user, I'm just concerned that there is not a real need for
an ORB from Boost. The only way I could see it being more useful than others
would be if it changed the current C++ bindings, as mentioned by a previous
post (Bjarne Stroustrup has mentioned this too). This would take a lot of
work, and it might only be feasible with the support of the C++ standards
committee or the OMG.

In addition, CORBA does seem to be rather out of fashion (I don't know how
much of that is just because of the API, or better marketing from the latest
fads). Working on other extensions to Boost.Asio would probably be more
useful.

Not to discourage you, but I think it may be better to focus energies
elsewhere.

Jeremy Pack