From: Douglas Gregor (doug.gregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-13 08:35:41

On Tue, 2007-03-13 at 03:07 -0500, Michael Marcin wrote:
> I'm not too familiar with the upcoming standard proposals. After this
> talk I feel I could go and reimplement most of my template libraries
> with concepts fairly easily. So kudos to you.

Thanks! (from *us*; lots of people are involved in concepts)

> One thing that is central to the STL that I might have missed from this
> talk is complexity guarantees. Is there a way to promise STL's big O
> complexity guarantees with concepts?

No, there isn't. We haven't really seen a good way to describe
complexity. Even if we did, it's unclear how useful it would be except
as documentation. We couldn't verify the complexity (except in very
simple cases), and it's unlikely to help in program testing or
optimization.

        Cheers,
        Doug