From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-13 08:39:26

Mariano Consoni wrote:

> > I think it's a plausible idea although there has already ben some
> > proposal in this area.
> >
> > http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2007/02/117030.php
> >
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost-extension/
> >
> > That said, it might make it more reasonable to bring things to
> > completion within the SoC time frame, so I wouldn't rule it
> out at this point.
>
> First, thanks for your answer.
>
> I didn't know the existence of that library... I think that
> it is very similar to my idea.. so.. maybe someone with more
> experience in the boost community could give me advice about
> how to apply to improve that idea?
>
> In any case, please do consider applying -- there are lots of possible
> > projects and folks are definitely willing to help you get something
> > that will work.
> >
> I really want to apply, but I want to write a good proposal
> according to the feasibility of the project.. so if there is
> in the list anybody that could me help giving advice of what
> should be done to improve that library, or to write other,
> please contact me.

I'ld be happy to help here. I'm using a slightly modified early version of a
similar library (initially written by Vladimir Prus, here:
http://tinyurl.com/3xeqzr) for quite some time now and I think we need
something related in Boost! A good starting point would be an analysis of
the existing libraries to be able to define a suitable API and the related
functionality (Jeffs mentioned boost.extension already containing a good
overview). I think the required effort to write such a library makes it a
good candidate for SoC.

Regards Hartmut