From: Younes M (younes.m_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-21 12:39:31

Hi,

I recently came across a suggestion for a Boost.Test frontend on the
Google Summer of Code 2007 front page. As someone who uses Boost.Test
a fair bit I think I would be very interested in persuing this. I have
some early ideas about what I would like to see in a frontend, but
would also love to get some ideas from others.

I've emailed Thorsten Ottosen and he suggested I try here, so here I am.

Along with the idea of having the frontend running in the systray and
automatically capturing detecting and reporting on any unit tests that
are run (as suggested on the Ideas page), I think being shown a list
of failures and being jump to one such failure would be very handy. By
"jump to" I mean having the source file open up in an editor and
possibly even having the editor scroll to/highlight the line in
question, or at the very least using a source-view widget in the
front-end itself that could perform that function.

If anyone has any other suggestions on functionality, information to
include in generated reports, user interface, aesthetics, coupling
between unit tests and the frontend, coupling between the frontend and
editors, or on any other topic, I would love to hear it.

Thank you for your time,
Younes