From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-21 13:48:59

"Younes M" <younes.m_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I recently came across a suggestion for a Boost.Test frontend on the
> Google Summer of Code 2007 front page. As someone who uses Boost.Test
> a fair bit I think I would be very interested in persuing this. I have
> some early ideas about what I would like to see in a frontend, but
> would also love to get some ideas from others.
>
> I've emailed Thorsten Ottosen and he suggested I try here, so here I am.
>
> Along with the idea of having the frontend running in the systray and
> automatically capturing detecting and reporting on any unit tests that
> are run (as suggested on the Ideas page), I think being shown a list
> of failures and being jump to one such failure would be very handy. By
> "jump to" I mean having the source file open up in an editor and
> possibly even having the editor scroll to/highlight the line in
> question, or at the very least using a source-view widget in the
> front-end itself that could perform that function.
>
> If anyone has any other suggestions on functionality, information to
> include in generated reports, user interface, aesthetics, coupling
> between unit tests and the frontend, coupling between the frontend and
> editors, or on any other topic, I would love to hear it.
>
> Thank you for your time,
> Younes

It would be really great, if someone could pursue this. In 1.34.0 I've made
several changes that are intended to allow smooth integration with GUI based
test runners. I've got my share of ideas what features it should implement.
In any case you will have my full support and/or I could serve as a Boost
mentor.

Regards,

Gennadiy