From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-01 12:31:48

Stefan Seefeld wrote:
> Jeff Garland wrote:
>> Stefan Seefeld wrote:
>>
>>> But, independent on how many people need to change their habit, the only
>> That will take time by itself...
>
> Right. But the clock will only start ticking once the switch is done.
>

>>> (And yes, if there is a list of items to be fixed, I'd happily volunteer.)
>> Ah, the first job is to make a list of them -- they're all on boost.org --
>> please do so. The ones I know of off hand:
>>
>> http://www.boost.org/more/release_procedures.htm
>> http://www.boost.org/tools/regression/xsl_reports/runner/instructions.html
>> http://www.boost.org/more/getting_started.html
>> http://www.boost.org/more/release_mgr_checklist.html
>>
>> Probably a more general way is to do this query:
>>
>> http://www.google.com/search?num=20&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aunofficial&hs=RYu&q=cvs+site%3Awww.boost.org&btnG=Search
>
> How are these fixed ? What's the equivalent location in the repository ?
> (We are not going to update the live website to point to not-yet-true information, right ?)

Some clarification is in order... After 1.34.0, and before 1.35.0, the
website will not be integral to the release sources. This has some
immediate effects for thinking about the svn switch:

* People can start migrating non-release documentation to the new
website immediately. This includes some of the above docs.

* The website content doesn't need to be complete before making it public.

* As soon as the new website is public, we are free to do a release
without worrying about when the website is updated.

With that in mind perhaps it's a good idea to switch the new website
content over to svn ASAP so that I can make some structural changes, and
so that people can start moving over website documentation.

Doug, what do you think... Could you make the website module move
available soon?

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything