From: Doug Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-01 12:41:17

On May 1, 2007, at 11:40 AM, Jeff Garland wrote:

> Doug Gregor wrote:
>
>>> How much work is needed before the transfer could happen ?
>>
>> Most of the work is done. When we're ready to switch (and *after*
>> 1.34.0 is out the door), we'll ask for a 24-hour window to make sure
>> we have enough time for the cvs2svn conversion and import (roughly 8
>> hours of crunching), and to deal with any issues that might crop up.
>
> Doug, while I agree that most of the work for switching the
> repository itself
> is on track, I don't believe any of the "other work" has been done.
> Specifically, I mean the regression scripts and procedure
> writeups. It's my
> view that if we can't make the switch until these tasks are
> complete. And I
> suspect we really need some volunteers to make this happen...

Information about accessing the Subversion repository is here:

        http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/BoostSubversion

It's on our Trac, which has its own wiki. Any developer with access
to the Subversion repository can add/modify/delete pages on the Trac.
I very strongly encourage us to migrate developer-centric information
over to the Trac, because it's so much easier to modify than the web
site. For volunteers to help us migrate CVS-centric documentation to
SVN-centric documentation, they need only get a Subversion account
(see the above page), then start editing the Trac wiki.

As for the regression scripts... I don't expect that it will be a
huge change, although it will take some time to ripple through. I run
several sets of tests at OSL, so of course these will be the first to
move over to the Subversion repository.

        - Doug