Boost logo

Boost :

From: Doug Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-01 12:54:08

On May 1, 2007, at 11:35 AM, Stefan Seefeld wrote:

> Doug Gregor wrote:
>> Most of the work is done. When we're ready to switch (and *after*
>> 1.34.0 is out the door), we'll ask for a 24-hour window to make sure
>> we have enough time for the cvs2svn conversion and import (roughly 8
>> hours of crunching), and to deal with any issues that might crop up.
> That's excellent news ! So it seems holding the switch off for another
> release isn't even on the table. I guess if everything can be
> straightened
> out within a matter of days there won't be any need to keep the old
> repository around, either.
> Then the next step is to configure a way to give all the current
> developers
> having write-permission write access again (ssh / accounts on the
> new servers ?)

We can't migrate the user data from SourceForge directly, so we'll be
sending out invitations from our Subversion management software. In
some ways, it's a good thing: it allows us to prune the list of
developers down to active developers, gives us a chance to implement
a more fine-grained security policy (since the sandbox will now be
part of the same repository), etc.

Actually, Stefan, you'll be getting one of those invitations in a few
minutes, just in case you'd like to help us move some of the CVS-
specific documentation over to the Trac...

        - Doug

Boost list run by bdawes at, gregod at, cpdaniel at, john at