From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-06 13:51:26

"Nicola Musatti" <Nicola.Musatti_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Rereading your proposal I realize that what I have in mind is not all
> that different:
>
> First, I think that there's a set of libraries that appear to be too
> closely interconnected to handle them as separate components; I'm
> thinking of bind/function/signals, but there may be others.

Yes. I agree. I also thought that some small numeber of mosr widely used
components should constitute Boost.Core component. Boost.Signals I would
split though. It's special purpose (though generic) library.
Smart_ptr/config/utility/type_traits are good candidates for core.

> Second, I wish that Boost was also made available as a small number of
> packages, so that users could choose to only install those that they
> actually need.

Yes. I believe we will need to consider procedure for packaging of
independent library releases. This is a second stage though.

> For the rest, I'm convinced that the techniques you propose stand an
> even better chance of working at a coarser degree of granularity.

Gennadiy