From: Nicola Musatti (Nicola.Musatti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-08 04:21:49

Vladimir Prus <ghost <at> cs.msu.su> writes:
> Nicola Musatti wrote:
[...]
> > The problem is that from the outside it is often unclear which problems
> > concern BB itself and which concern its use. If you allow me a parallel,
> > it is hard to distinguish when you fix make from when you fix the
> > makefiles.
>
> So, you suggest it would be better to freeze Boost.Build version used
> by a particular Boost release, which would mean that in case of
> any issues you get to fix Jamfiles?

Yes. The switch to a new BB release should only take place when that release is
considered complete and stable, after which time only bug fixes should be
allowed. This would force the switch to take place when everything is ready and
avoid impacting all libraries with last minute changes.

Cheers,
Nicola Musatti