From: Dean Michael Berris (dmberris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-17 12:16:08

Hi Jose!

On 5/17/07, Jose <jmalv04_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I am interested. It seems there is no active project on this so please start
> a sourceforge project.

Thanks! I'll do that tonight (my time) and hopefully in a couple of
days the guys over at Sourceforge would be able to enable the project.

> To get started I would focus on one protocol first, eg. HTTP, and make sure
> you get feedback from
> Chris and other heavy asio users (e.g. libtorrent author).

Starting with HTTP is definitely the intention. However, I think
starting with the simplest and most flexible 'message' type would be
time well-spent so that further development of the other protocol
implementations can start using the common message type.

> I am not sure your parenthesis syntax is the best. Do you have a rough
> design document ? (otherwise
> post a link to the code/sourceforge project)

Parenthesis syntax is something I tried imitating from the
Boost.Program_Options and Boost.Assign (probably Boost.Assign will be
used to implement this anyway) but if it doesn't convey the intended
meaning I'm open to not using parentheses. :D

I don't have a design document yet, but I certainly can come up with
one in a Wiki somewhere. But I can sketch out the concepts in another
post to the mailing list for comments. I'll work on that document
today and formalize the design decisions and approaches to be taken to
ensuring that the message type is as generic yet as usable as
possible.

> I think this would eventually be a a great very useful addition to boost

I hope so too. :)

> thanks

Thank you too! :)

--