From: Martin Bonner (Martin.Bonner_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-23 04:20:31

----Original Message----
From: boost-bounces_at_[hidden]
[mailto:boost-bounces_at_[hidden]] On Behalf Of Janek Kozicki Sent:
23 May 2007 06:44 To: boost_at_[hidden]
Subject: Re: [boost] Any libraries now not under the Boost Software
License?

> Rene Rivera said: (by the date of Tue, 22 May 2007 23:41:39 -0500)
>
>> Janek Kozicki wrote:
>>> David Abrahams said: (by the date of Tue, 22 May 2007 17:16:28
>>> -0400)

>>> yes. I remember a post a while ago that the original author decided
>>> to relicense threads to BSL.
>>
>> I think you just answered with a non-answer ;-)
>

> OK, I'm sorry too much haste. I took time to grep my archive, and
> then google it in webarchive by title:
>
> "Permission given to change to Boost.License"
>
> http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2006/09/110143.php
>
> But I see, the question was "Is that STILL true" ...
>
> well I don't know if it's still true. I pay some attention to thread
> related posts on this list, and since that one post I remember nothing
> about revoking this permission.

You have misunderstood the question completely. It is not:
        Is Threads under the BSL?
(we know the answer to that is "Yes".)

The question is:
        Are there any /other/ libraries that are not under the BSL?

If the answer to that question is "No", then the statement:
        Currently, some Boost libraries have their own licenses.
is obviously false, and we can tidy up the licensing page (which will
make some corporate lawyers happy).

--
Martin Bonner
Project Leader