From: Lewis Hyatt (lhyatt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-23 12:30:47

Doug Gregor wrote:
> On May 23, 2007, at 11:26 AM, Thorsten Ottosen wrote:
>>> And if so, can this be added to the list of changes for 1.34? I
>> didn't see it there, and this is an important change, since it will
>> break a lot of code. Thanks.
>>
>> it's not on the main boost page, but avaible here:
>>
>> http://www.boost.org/libs/ptr_container/doc/
>> ptr_container.html#upgrading-from-boost-v-1-33
>
> This is the kind of thing that needs to go on the front page, to
> alert users. Could you prepare a patch to the front page in
> RC_1_34_0, open a Trac ticket, etc., so that Boost 1.34.1 will have
> the appropriate documentation?

OK great, thanks. I agree that the change was a good one, I just think
it needs to be more visible because I would never have known about it if
I hadn't caught something on the list a few months ago. And, if people
happen to be using ptr_map with a value_type of std::pair, this can be a
silent breaking change. (It happened to me!)

-Lewis