Boost logo

Boost :

From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-28 18:22:56

Thorsten Ottosen wrote:

> > I was waiting for Andy to fix two of the major complaints raised
> > during the review (incompatible license in parts of the
> code and the
> > generator initialization seed issue), because these would have
> > prevented the acceptance into Boost. As Andy told me, he is almost
> > done with the fixes. As soon as these are finished I'll
> have a look at
> > the code and will announce the review results.
> What has these to do woth the review results? I mean,
> normally a library is accepted with a bunch of stuff that
> *must* be fixed before cvs upload.
> I simply don't understand how the current work can affect the
> review results?

I understand your concerns and I was thinking a lot how to proceed. The
complaints raised during the review have been very significant and would
have prevented acceptance into Boost. OTOH, all of these have been discussed
during the review exhaustively and AFAICS general agreement has been reached
how to resolve the issues. Andy agreed on fixing the issues as discussed
during the review in a short timeframe.

My decision whether to reject or to tentatively accept the library depends
on Andy's implementation. Since we need to have an additional mini review if
I decide to tentatively accept the library anyway, I think it does no harm
to wait for Andy before announcing the final decision.

Regards Hartmut

Boost list run by bdawes at, gregod at, cpdaniel at, john at