From: Andy (atompkins_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-29 17:02:59

"Hartmut Kaiser" <hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden]> wrote in

> Janek,
>
>> Sorry about being pushy a bit, I'm just curious about the
>> review results.
>>
>> I'd submit a review if I weren't moving from one country to
>> another and defending my PhD during that week, sorry for that ;)
>
> I was waiting for Andy to fix two of the major complaints raised
> during the review (incompatible license in parts of the code and the
> generator initialization seed issue), because these would have
> prevented the acceptance into Boost. As Andy told me, he is almost
> done with the fixes. As soon as these are finished I'll have a look at
> the code and will announce the review results.
>
> Regards Hartmut

I have uploaded a new version to the boost vault. uuid_v8.zip
http://boost-consulting.com/vault/index.php?
action=downloadfile&filename=uuid_v8.zip&directory=&

The changes are:
- no longer need Boost.Thread. All functions are thread safe
- added create function that takes a random number generator
- default random number generator is seeded better
- removed static variables
- implemented sha1 myself (no license problems)
- removed byte_count() and output_bytes()
- added size(), begin(), and end()
- fixed constructor guid(ByteInputIterator, ByteInputIterator)
- optimized operator>>()
- optimized random number create function
- renamed to uuid

Andy.