From: Benjamin Kosnik (bkoz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-07 04:27:00

> In an ideal world, we would:
> (1) Build all of Boost, as a user would
> (2) Install Boost
> (3) Build tests against the installed Boost, then
> (4) Run those tests

Yessssssssssss!!!!!

As part of (2), please include documentation.

As part of (4), please include testing against the release components,
which is the thing that users are encouraged to use for production.

IMHO testing release, and then debugging failures with the debug builds
is the way to go. The current behavior of testing debug, and not
testing release is highly suspect to me.

Maybe also include

(5) Get accurate summaries of the local results, and perhaps be able to
contribute them via email to a boost testing list.

-benjamin