From: Paul A Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-13 13:03:41

Looking rather good already :-))

Though I suspect that people will have a clearer idea of the implications of the parameters v. stream debate when we have a slightly
fuller example with axes ticks and labels and title etc. Perhaps when you have a bit more fleshed out, you can repost with a title
like:

"Progress of Boost.SVG_Plot - request for views on how to present the graph options."

Personally, I still don't like the use of << at all.

The set functions feel much more intuitive to me, and chaining provides a shortcut if you want, but you don't have to use it. Once
you have an example, it's pretty obvious how to use it. It avoids the need to chose short names for my_plot to cut down repetition.

Does "output" feels better than "write"? No - perhaps write is OK?

my_plot.output("my_image.svg") also feels right to me.

And this actually does the output to file (or elsewhere).

This seems right so you can say:

svg_plot my_plot;
my_plot.set_image_size(500,200);
my_plot.set_x_scale(-7,9);
my_plot.draw_axis();
my_plot.plot(data1, blue);
my_plot.write("./image.svg");

my_plot.plot(data1, red);
my_plot.set_image_size(5000,2000);
my_plot.write("./big_image.svg");

to get more than one plot?

Keep up the good work :-)

Paul

---
Paul A Bristow
+44 1539561830 & SMS, Mobile +44 7714 330204 & SMS
pbristow_at_[hidden]