From: Jake Voytko (jakevoytko_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-13 13:18:41

On 6/13/07, John Maddock <john_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> For options like draw_axis() can we ditch the paranthesis - unless you're
> planning on adding options to it later?

I am.. I left the shell there so that I could put down a basic prototype of
what I'd be doing so that I could come back to it later and flesh it out.

Likewise, why do we need to write() operation? Can't we just use <<
> std::flush if we want to flush to file, otherwise you can flush to file
> when
> the object goes out of scope, or when it's close() member function is
> called
> (if it has one). cf the iostreams.

I chose a write() function because of the "Design and Programming" section
of the "Requirements and Guideline" page states that explicit is better than
implicit, and this seemed like the most explicit way to do this! I also like
the idea by Phil Endicott for using the write function to specify a file to
use for writing (or a stream). Later when I have more time, I'll play around
with various ideas of this nature and see which seems to work best.

Otherwise looks like it's progressing nicely.

Thank you =)