From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-24 21:46:12

Note, Stefan I'm not really directing these at you. They are just
arguments in regards to the mistaken, and self contradictory, idea that
we should only use "standard" tools, formats, whatever.

Stefan Seefeld wrote:
> Rene Rivera wrote:
>
>> ReST nor DocBook are any more standard than Quickbook, AFAIK.
>
> By what metric ? I'm not talking about ISO, ECMA, or other standardization
> bodies.

I was; to indirectly make the point that standards start out not being
standard ;-)

> I'm talking about widespread use, a vibrant developer community that
> is quick to help or fix bugs, and everything else that makes such tools
> healthy.

Then why use the word "standard"? And why try and squelch attempts to
build such a community?

> And, as far as standardization is concerned, docbook is part of the club, too
> (see http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/).

OK.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything