From: Alexander Nasonov (alnsn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-27 06:59:51

Atry wrote:
> Alexander Nasonov wrote:
> Yes, getting a static function pointer is easy, I will add that method
> later. But I have highly depended on typeof, I use typeof to determine
> the result of almost all expressions, and Boost.Lambda does not. Typeof
> enhanced lots of flexibility. For example, if a operator is overrided to
> return a unusual return value, for Boost.Lambda, you have to manually
> specify that return value using a "ret<return_type>(expr)" syntax. And I
> used typeof to avoid that.

I agree that typeof is a very powerful tool but it's still non-standard.
Would it work if you enhance Boost.Lambda without using non-standard
extensions and then apply BOOST_TYPEOF in your _client_ code?

--
Alexander Nasonov
http://nasonov.blogspot.com
	  | sed -e 's/^document\.write(.//' -e 's/.);$/ --/'  \
	        -e 's/<[^>]*>//g' -e 's/^More quotes from //' \