From: Andrew Sutton (asutton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-11 08:03:59

>> I've just finished reading most of the original reviews for
>> Boost.Parameter library. They weren't that helpful.
>
> Hmm, too bad.

They were more about the library than how to use it.

> That's just a default. Please see
> http://boost.org/libs/parameter/doc/html/reference.html#boost-
> parameter-max-arity

Oops... How did I manage to miss the reference documentation? I guess
I need to figure out how to guarantee that I have a sufficient arity
for a number Boost.Graph algorithms spread over a number of files and
ensure that the arity is defined before Boost.Parameter is included.

> Sure; you could use boost::parameter::void_ as shown here:
> http://boost.org/libs/parameter/doc/html/index.html#class-template-
> skeleton

Perfect. It's encouraging that I managed to find the same solution,
albeit with my own empty struct. I hope this means I'm getting better
at generic programming :)

Thanks for the feedback. I'll have to spend more time poring over the
notions and details of deduced parameters. We'll see what I end up with.

> Heh, heh:
> http://boost.org/libs/parameter/doc/html/index.html#documentation
>
> I would proably invent a hypothetical C++ declaration syntax (as
> though named/deduced paramters were built-in features), document that,
> and then document the functions in terms of it.

That's why I asked :) I was wondering if there had been any recent
developments along those lines. Maybe I'll adopt some kind of python-
esque model for documentation. Those guys do a pretty good job
getting the point across.

Andrew Sutton
asutton_at_[hidden]