From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-15 15:47:41

Hi,

Following are varios issues I'm expiriencing with boostbook:

1. No support for chapter, part under library.
I need to be able to split by docs usign these elements

2. xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"
When I put above attribute in library element my editor complains about
validation failure

3. Local customization layer
I don't see how to configure Jamfile to use my own cvustomization later
(local html.xsl) for chunked output generation

4. Directory structure
Why can't bjam create nessesary directories for me? In chunked output
directory structure is deep and keep changing while I am adding ids. It'
realy incnvinient to be required to create these dirs manually

5. Clean command
Is there a command to clean generated output (but leave directory structure)

6. catalog errors

My local path is: "D:\Source Code\boost\libs\test\docbook"

And I've got following entries in my user-config.jam

using xsltproc ;

using boostbook
  : D:\xml\docbook\xsl\
  : D:\xml\docbook\dtd\
  ;

I see following messages in bjam output:

../../../bin.v2/libs/test/docbook/msvc-8.0/debug/catalog.xml:0: element
rewriteURI: Catalog error : rewriteURI entry 'rewritePrefix' broken ?:
file:///D:/Source Code/boost/tools/boostbook/dtd/
../../../bin.v2/libs/test/docbook/msvc-8.0/debug/catalog.xml:0: element
rewriteURI: Catalog error : rewriteURI entry 'rewritePrefix' broken ?:
file:///D:xmldocbookxsl /
../../../bin.v2/libs/test/docbook/msvc-8.0/debug/catalog.xml:0: element
rewriteURI: Catalog error : rewriteURI entry 'rewritePrefix' broken ?:
file:///D:xmldocbookdtd /

7. Manual xsltproc invocation

When I am trying to invoke the xsltproc manually

xsltproc -o html/index.html "html.xsl" UTF.xml

and my html.xsl looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
                version="1.0">

  <xsl:import href="../../../tools/boostbook/xsl/html.xsl"/>

  <xsl:param name="boost.root" select="'../../..'"/>
</xsl:stylesheet>

(path is correct)

I am getting following error messages:

Element library in namespace '' encountered, but no template matches.
Element libraryinfo in namespace '' encountered in library, but no template
matches.
Element copyright in namespace '' encountered in libraryinfo, but no
template matches.
Element year in namespace '' encountered in copyright, but no template
matches.
Element year in namespace '' encountered in copyright, but no template
matches.
Element year in namespace '' encountered in copyright, but no template
matches.
Element year in namespace '' encountered in copyright, but no template
matches.
Element year in namespace '' encountered in copyright, but no template
matches.
Element year in namespace '' encountered in copyright, but no template
matches.
Element year in namespace '' encountered in copyright, but no template
matches.
Element holder in namespace '' encountered in copyright, but no template
matches.
Element legalnotice in namespace '' encountered in libraryinfo, but no
template matches.
Element librarypurpose in namespace '' encountered in libraryinfo, but no
template matches.
Element librarycategory in namespace '' encountered in libraryinfo, but no
template matches.
Element title in namespace '' encountered in library, but no template
matches.
No template for "/library" (or any of its leaves) exists
in the context named "title" in the "en" localization.

and completly garbled output.

what am I doing wrong?

Gennadiy