From: Michael Marcin (mmarcin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-18 21:50:06

Michael Marcin wrote:
> I have a few concerns at this point on the implementation of the
> proposed timers library.
>
> boost/timers.hpp assumes if you are not on windows you are on a posix
> system. I'm porting to a different platform which is neither windows nor
> posix compatible.
>
> WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN is defined in the windows device headers and then
> windows.h is included. This could lead to issues where depending on
> order of inclusion in a project WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN could be either
> defined or undefined when windows.h is included (and this is certainly
> imposing that define on the user).

Further more AFAICT WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN removes the timeGetTime function
declaration.

Also the QueryPerformanceCounter device uses millisecond resolution
internally. I've adjusted it for microsecond resolution locally.

The qpc_device also does not address
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q274323&
but maybe this is asking too much?

Thanks,