From: Philippe Vaucher (philippe.vaucher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-19 10:58:14

> Further more AFAICT WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN removes the timeGetTime function
> declaration.

I'll check it.

Also the QueryPerformanceCounter device uses millisecond resolution
> internally. I've adjusted it for microsecond resolution locally.

Hum I didn't understand what you meant by that.

The qpc_device also does not address
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q274323&
> but maybe this is asking too much?

I don't know... the resolution would be :

" Programs should watch for an unexpected jump by comparing the change in
time as determined by successive calls to *QueryPerformanceCounter* with the
change in time as determined by successive calls to the
*GetTickCount*function. If there is a significant jump that is based
on
*QueryPerformanceCounter*(), but no similar increase that is based on *
GetTickCount*, then it can be assumed that the performance counter just
jumped forward. The code sample at the end of this article demonstrates how
to do this."

It looks a bit overkill because when you use QPC you usually want high
precision... all those other calls would be a pretty huge overhead not to
mention that without threading we'd require the user to type tmr.update()
periodically. I suggest we let the user find the appropriate fix, but I'll
add this issue in the documentation.

Thanks again.
Philippe