From: Doug Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-27 14:49:05

On Jul 27, 2007, at 2:43 PM, Rene Rivera wrote:

> Doug Gregor wrote:
>> Account requests should go to all of the moderators at boost-
>> owner_at_lists.boost.org.
>
> Here's an additional plea to get accounts ASAP. I've been adding
> components and corresponding owners to Trac. And the one thing holding
> up having a full set of components is not having people to assign
> them to.

For technical reasons, please log into the Trac at least once after
getting your account.

>> * Various developer and release-manager documentation talks about
>> Boost's CVS, but should now refer to Subversion. Better yet: migrate
>> this documentation over to the Boost Trac, where it is easier to
>> maintain and update, and won't be a part of the Boost distribution
>
> May I suggest that people also consider migrating documentation to the
> beta website. Or if you don't feel like directly doing that you can:
>
> * Add a page to the wiki with the docs.
> * Add a ticket to Trac pointing out the wiki page, and
> requesting to
> move the content to the beta website (making sure the component is set
> to "website").

My feeling is that developer-centric documentation should move to the
Trac Wiki, where it can be easily modified/updated by all of our
developers. It doesn't really need to be on the main web site. User-
centric documentation that doesn't need to be in the Boost
distribution (i..e, most non-library documentation) should move to
the beta website.

Sound good?

        - Doug