From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-01 14:12:06

On 09/01/07 09:51, Douglas Gregor wrote:
[snip]
> No, that is not what we're talking about. LLVM can be used as a back-end
> for GCC's C and C++ parsers, but that involves a lot of cruft from GCC.
> Clang is a new, from-scratch, all-C++ parser that will be an alternative
> LLVM front end for C and C++.
Without this cruft, I assume you're very tempted to port your variadic
template compiler to clang. Is that right?

On another topic, I took a brief look at:

http://llvm.org/cfe/docs/InternalsManual.html

It maybe too late now, but I'd think boost's wave might have
saved them some time in writing the preprocessor.