From: David A. Greene (greened_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-01 14:30:39

On Saturday 01 September 2007 13:12, Larry Evans wrote:

> It maybe too late now, but I'd think boost's wave might have
> saved them some time in writing the preprocessor.

Agreed. I've been involved with llvm for about six months now and there's a
general fear of using anything from Boost, or templates in general. I'm not
meaning to slam the llvm developers. What they've done is really quite good.
But they have certain constraints (embedded, low memory, etc.) that makes them
hesitant to use more advanced C++ techniques.

It would be good if the Boost community could put together some benchmarks
and general thoughts about using Boost in such environments, not only for llvm
but also for embedded development in general.

                                             -Dave