From: Dean Michael Berris (mikhailberis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-10 12:19:12

On 10/10/07, Joel de Guzman <joel_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Dean Michael Berris wrote:
>
> > Right now I'm thinking maybe this should be a separate library (or a
> > small utility class) that builds upon or depends on Boost.Function.
>
> That's cool too. A thorough review will be a nice exercise
> and a good experience for those how haven't undergone
> the spine-chilling adventure yet ;-) It's better than a
> bungee jumping, promise! :-P

I'll take your word for it. ;-) This I think will be very welcome
experience indeed. :-)

> > However, if Doug (or Joel, and everybody else) thinks otherwise, and
> > that this should be merged into Boost.Function as an overload
> > extension, that would be acceptable as well.
>
> Doug's the boss here. Ultimately, he'll decide on that route.

I'd definitely love to hear what Doug thinks about these proceedings. :-)

> > Either way, we still need to write documentation and more tests, so in
> > the meantime I'd love to get this (and the documentation) into the
> > sandbox so that others can play around with it as well.
>
> Thanks, Dean, Marco and Marco and all else for your work on this!
> Amazing folks!

You're welcome. The pleasure is mine. It just so happens that I also
really need this functionality, so it makes sense for me to pitch in
some time to get this into Boost one way or another. :)

Thanks for the initial code and the idea, it's certainly a good thing
to be able to start with something like what you've posted. :-)

--
Dean Michael C. Berris
Software Engineer, Friendster, Inc.