From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-17 11:11:04

David Abrahams wrote:
> on Tue Oct 16 2007, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot-AT-gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Rene Rivera wrote:
>>> It's just that I disabled the python25.lib file to make
>>> linking with mingw work with the python25.dll. Which should also work
>>> with msvc, but I guess BB is not set up that way.
>> Go figure... MSVC does not do automatic linking when given a DLL file
>> only :-( So it's not a BB issue.
>
> You obviously understand way more about the problem than you've
> managed to communicate to me. Could you please try to spell out what
> the problem is and which components you think are at fault?

Well I don't think I can blame anything for being wrong. The problem is
that I have the ActiveState versions of Python installed. Those versions
are compiled with MSVC. On the last release I did some changes to BB to
get MSVC, Mingw, and Cygwin to all compile and link to Python correctly.
Except for one aspect, MinGW can't use the python*.lib because it's an
MSVC lib. But it can use the python*.dll directly just fine, since it
directly read the exported symbols in the DLL. So to get MinGW to work I
just disabled, by renaming to python*~~~.lib, the link library. Not sure
if there's anything we can, or should, fix though.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything