From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-19 23:59:20

on Fri Oct 19 2007, Beman Dawes <bdawes-AT-acm.org> wrote:

>>> PS: One good thing that has come out of this is that I've realized
>>> that if I commit each smoke test to a repository, I can go back
>>> later and see exactly what revision causes a breakage (and by
>>> correlating the revision number with the log, who did the
>>> commit). I'll give this a try for a few days to see if it
>>> works. If it does, maybe it can go in the boost repository so
                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>> anyone can look at it.
>>
>> How is that different from what's discussed in
>> http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2007/08/125906.php
>
> Putting test results in a database is a great long-term solution that I
> hope happens someday. But I'm not holding my breath.
>
> Putting test results in a local repository for a single smoke test
> series is something that I was able to implement this morning in perhaps
> 15 minutes and is working now. So it helps with this release, even
> though it is a band-aid.

I think you misunderstood my question. That thread discusses the idea
of putting test results into the boost repo and points out several
disadvantages to doing so. Is there any reason to think those
disadvantages wouldn't apply in this case?

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting