From: Markus Schöpflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-22 12:43:08

Peter Dimov schrieb:

> There are various sp_counted_base implementations in boost/detail that can
> be used as a starting point. But if you want help for the implementation,
> you need to specify an interface first. I'm not particularly fond of
>
> http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2007/n2393.html
>
> preferring something along the lines of
>
> http://open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2007/n2195.html
>
> but no matter what (if any) style you choose to follow, you need to be
> explicit about the constraints. At the very least, the functions should
> contain the constraint as a suffix, i.e. atomic_add_acqrel instead of
> atomic_add.

Peter,

I have read your paper referenced above and a few of the other papers
dealing with atomic ops, but I failed to find a clear definition of what
'acquire' and 'release' semantics are supposed to mean. Could you point
me into the right direction, please? Also, in your paper you're
referring to [intro.concur], where could I find this?

TIA,
Markus