From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-31 14:48:14

David Abrahams wrote:

> http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&group=severity&milestone=Boost+1.35.0&order=priority
> shows all the tickets that have been assigned to the 1.35.0
> milestone. Does this list have any meaning? In other words, are we
> actually intending to address all of these problems for 1.35, and put
> off other tickets for 1.35.1 or 1.36.0?
>
> IMO getting this list sorted out and handling the tickets one-by-one
> is the most productive way to get us from here to a successful
> release of 1.35.0. That may mean a number of new tickets need to be
> added (probably at least one for each major failure we're seeing in
> http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/1_34_1/developer/issues.html
> and possibly others) and it will require part of the release team to
> triage the whole list of tickets assigned to 1.35.0 and make some
> decisions to put certain tickets off for later.

My original plan was to triage all outstanding trac tickets to identify
those that really are important for 1.35.0, and then start pestering the
owners.

But so far I've spent all my time on test issues and failures.

If you want to start triaging tickets and pestering people, feel free to
go ahead and start that effort.

> Also, are we running complete tests on the release branch currently?
> I don't see any links to test results for that part of the repo.

http://beta.boost.org/development/testing.html has links to both main
trunk and release branch testing. Also smoke tests.

--Beman