From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-02 09:22:38

John Maddock wrote:

> Also building the HTML documentation as a single "book" from doc/ simply
> isn't viable anymore IMO: it doesn't scale well (takes an age to build,
> breaks at the drop of a hat etc). It worked when we only had a few
> Boostbook libraries, but we have too many for this now.

I think this is an important point -- PDFs have to be *by library*. Full
date-time user/reference docs are 400 pages so all of boost would be
thousands. Up to now, I've been generating date-time PDFs and putting them on
my site which obviously isn't the ideal system. Personally I don't think we're
ready to solve this issue in time for 1.35 so I think we should take it as an
independent effort.

Jeff