From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-06 10:58:24

on Tue Nov 06 2007, Eric Niebler <eric-AT-boost-consulting.com> wrote:

> What I expect:
>
> To be allowed to merge from trunk into my branch. Period.

This is a technicality, but you can always do a merge. You just can't
check the changes in if they fail the pre-commit hook.

> I don't know how these files got into trunk if they fail the
> pre-commit, and I don't really care. I have no beef with svn atomic
> commits. I have a beef with the pre-commit hook keeping me from
> getting stuff done.

I understand your frustration, but if the "stuff" involves violating
the rules it's set up to enforce, the pre-commit hook is doing exactly
what it's designed to do.

> Can someone tell me how I can proceed?

I guess fixing the files on the trunk is the only way to handle
something like this. Undoubtedly their presence on trunk predates our
automated checks (http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/38956).

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting