From: Jens Seidel (jensseidel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-16 08:52:37

On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 08:43:49PM +0100, Benoit Sigoure wrote:
> I wrote a set of M4 macros to use the Boost libraries with GNU
> Autoconf. I did not find any macro that was reliable enough. If

I just want to mention that there exist also
http://autoconf-archive.cryp.to/macros-by-category.html#BOOST. See also
http://randspringer.de/boost/index.html.

Benoit, can you compare your macros with these from the autoconf
archives? What is different?

I vague remember also a few problems with ax_boost_base and friends.
Some stuff was fixed by the author, other not yet (I contacted him of
course).

> you're interested, you can have a look at the code:
> http://repo.or.cz/w/boost.m4.git

Will do.

> The code is currently under GPLv3+ but if Boost wants to ship this
> with Boost itself, and if doing this requires license adaptations,
> I'm inclined to use another Free license.

I'm not sure but this requires all software projects using it to use
the same license? At least the autoconf archive contains a special
exception to the GPL. See e.g. the bottom of
http://autoconf-archive.cryp.to/acx_pthread.html

Jens