From: Staffan Gimåker (staffan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-19 16:16:07

On Friday 16 November 2007 14:52:37 Jens Seidel wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 08:43:49PM +0100, Benoit Sigoure wrote:
> > I wrote a set of M4 macros to use the Boost libraries with GNU
> > Autoconf. I did not find any macro that was reliable enough. If
>
> I just want to mention that there exist also
> http://autoconf-archive.cryp.to/macros-by-category.html#BOOST. See also
> http://randspringer.de/boost/index.html.
>
> Benoit, can you compare your macros with these from the autoconf
> archives? What is different?

One difference is that, at least for me, the macros from the Autoconf archive
are several times faster.

Checks for linked libraries (filesystem, for example) take roughly one minute
*each* to perform.

Benoit, is there any way to make the checks a bit faster? I'm using Ubuntu
7.10 on modern hardware.

/Staffan Gimåker