From: Benoit Sigoure (tsuna_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-19 16:54:41

On Nov 19, 2007, at 10:16 PM, Staffan Gimåker wrote:

> On Friday 16 November 2007 14:52:37 Jens Seidel wrote:
>> On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 08:43:49PM +0100, Benoit Sigoure wrote:
>>> I wrote a set of M4 macros to use the Boost libraries with GNU
>>> Autoconf. I did not find any macro that was reliable enough. If
>>
>> I just want to mention that there exist also
>> http://autoconf-archive.cryp.to/macros-by-category.html#BOOST. See
>> also
>> http://randspringer.de/boost/index.html.
>>
>> Benoit, can you compare your macros with these from the autoconf
>> archives? What is different?
>
> One difference is that, at least for me, the macros from the
> Autoconf archive
> are several times faster.
>
> Checks for linked libraries (filesystem, for example) take roughly
> one minute
> *each* to perform.
>
> Benoit, is there any way to make the checks a bit faster? I'm using
> Ubuntu
> 7.10 on modern hardware.

Yes, I know that. But I personally favor reliability over speed,
when a choice between both has to be made.

Nevertheless, I have good news for you. Someone suggested a trivial
improvement that will most likely optimize the macro by several order
of magnitude. I'm going to implement this tonight. Stay tuned :)

--
Benoit Sigoure aka Tsuna
EPITA Research and Development Laboratory