From: Fernando Cacciola (fernando.cacciola_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-19 16:20:17

Hi Corrado,

> I think the best would be to have a reusable "(typed) argument list"
> structure, around which the factories can be built as free functions (or
> we
> could have a generic apply taking the argument list and a functor, so
> every
> factory will just become a different functor).
> Moreover, once the argument list is decoupled from the factory, it could
> be
> interoperable with fusion, enabling more freedom in how they are used.

Indeed, I agree that the best factorization is to decouple the factory
applicator from the argument list.
In fact, the applicator should handle a generic tuple as the argument list
(with at most some custom made tuple if dependency with fusion is a problem)

Now that's a major make up for the factories, though one worth doing it IMO,
so the big quesion is: would you be interested in doing that yourself?

Best

--
Fernando Cacciola
SciSoft