From: Martin Wille (mw8329_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-25 03:56:23

John Maddock wrote:
> Beman Dawes wrote:
>> In another posting, John Maddock wrote:
>>
>>> ... I'm a little concerned about some of
>>> the regex library tests which haven't changed in ages, but are none
>>> the less failing due to exceptions thrown from Boost.Thread and
>>> Boost.Test. I'm not sure that this is necessarily these libraries
>>> fault, but we really ought to try and get to the cause of this...
>> I'm worried about these too. I'm also getting exception related dialog
>> boxes during Windows smoke tests; they don't even say what program
>> they
>> are coming out of. Not sure if that is the same problem; I'll try to
>> isolate one of them and report details.
>>
>> Which specific test are you concerned about? regex_regress_threaded?
>> Any others?
>
> Yes, currently just http://tinyurl.com/yqx58t is failing because of a thread
> resource issue

In the hope of eventually being able to run tests unattended, I'm
imposing a lot of resource limits on tests now (after I have seen all
kinds of excessive resource usage by broken tests). Among those, there
is a limit on the number of threads that can be executed. I raised the
thread-limit globally, so the number of tests suffering from thread
resource problems should drop significantly.

Regards,