From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-24 11:16:59

Beman Dawes wrote:
> In another posting, John Maddock wrote:
>
>> ... I'm a little concerned about some of
>> the regex library tests which haven't changed in ages, but are none
>> the less failing due to exceptions thrown from Boost.Thread and
>> Boost.Test. I'm not sure that this is necessarily these libraries
>> fault, but we really ought to try and get to the cause of this...
>
> I'm worried about these too. I'm also getting exception related dialog
> boxes during Windows smoke tests; they don't even say what program
> they
> are coming out of. Not sure if that is the same problem; I'll try to
> isolate one of them and report details.
>
> Which specific test are you concerned about? regex_regress_threaded?
> Any others?

Yes, currently just http://tinyurl.com/yqx58t is failing because of a thread
resource issue: I checked in some changes to that test case so it does fail
anymore if thread creation fails (the rationale being "it's not my fault"),
but I'm seeing sporadic failures on the same test from Boost.Test throwing a
system_error *before* cpp_main is reached. It could be an issue with
whatever the load is on the test machine sometimes tripping that test up.
Likewise there are quite a few Boost.Thread failures
http://beta.boost.org/development/tests/trunk/developer/issues_release_.html#thread
on the same platform: Anthony any progress on these?

Likewise Thread's support for Borland seems to be broken at present :-(

John.