From: Thorsten Ottosen (thorsten.ottosen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-24 11:20:09

Dear all,

When using boost, there is one thing that annoys me. My editor can do
syntax expansion quite well, but the amount of information in the boost
namespace is so huge, that is really hard to locate anything, and near
impossible to guess which classes and functions that belong to the same
library.

The obvious way to fix this to

1. let all libs have their own namespace, and

2. never let any library pull anything into namespace boost

I think most recent libraries have adhered to 1., but possible not 2.

My question is also if we, at some point, should start moving
non-conforming libraries into their own namespace. This does break
a library when upgrading, but might be worth it in the long run.

Any thoughts?

-Thorsten