From: Dean Michael Berris (mikhailberis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-01 13:55:34

On Feb 2, 2008 2:49 AM, Frank Mori Hess <frank.hess_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Friday 01 February 2008 07:33 am, Barend Gehrels wrote:
> >
> > Of course you can download and look at the sourcecode, no problem. It is
> > stated like this because it is not yet open source, it is not yet
> > submitted or accepted by boost and at no other open source site.
> > Therefore I cannot state there that it is open source at this moment.
> > However, for review purposes it is allowed to look in it.
> > If this is not sufficient I can change the statement.
>
> It sounds like you think you need to get the library accepted into boost
> before you can license it under the BSL. You don't need permission from
> anyone but the copyright owner to release your source code under the BSL.
> The boost license doesn't place any obligations on you to make any special
> arrangements for distribution of the source code.

I am not a lawyer, but I don't think your code needs to be accepted
into Boost to be released under the Boost Software License. I have a
few libraries already under the BSL but not (yet) in Boost, released
in the wild.

I also seem to recall that the default license for all 'unlicensed'
work is "All Rights Reserved."

Again though, IANAL.

--
Dean Michael C. Berris