From: Barend Gehrels (barend_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-01 14:02:52

Dean Michael Berris wrote:
> On Feb 2, 2008 2:49 AM, Frank Mori Hess <frank.hess_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> On Friday 01 February 2008 07:33 am, Barend Gehrels wrote:
>>
>>> Of course you can download and look at the sourcecode, no problem. It is
>>> stated like this because it is not yet open source, it is not yet
>>> submitted or accepted by boost and at no other open source site.
>>> Therefore I cannot state there that it is open source at this moment.
>>> However, for review purposes it is allowed to look in it.
>>> If this is not sufficient I can change the statement.
>>>
>> It sounds like you think you need to get the library accepted into boost
>> before you can license it under the BSL. You don't need permission from
>> anyone but the copyright owner to release your source code under the BSL.
>> The boost license doesn't place any obligations on you to make any special
>> arrangements for distribution of the source code.
> I am not a lawyer, but I don't think your code needs to be accepted
> into Boost to be released under the Boost Software License. I have a
> few libraries already under the BSL but not (yet) in Boost, released
> in the wild.
>
> I also seem to recall that the default license for all 'unlicensed'
> work is "All Rights Reserved."
>
> Again though, IANAL.

Let me clear this:

I don't think I must get it accepted before I use BSL.
I don't think that I must use BSL to get it accepted.

I just found the BSL or any open source library too heavy for a preview of a part of a further unpublished library in this stage.
So please preview if you want, it is certainlty allowed to download the code for preview purposes, as is stated.

Barend

Barend Gehrels, Geodan Holding b.v., Amsterdam, The Netherlands, www.geodan.nl