From: Scott McMurray (me22.ca+boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-01 14:02:15

On Feb 1, 2008 1:55 PM, Dean Michael Berris <mikhailberis_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I also seem to recall that the default license for all 'unlicensed'
> work is "All Rights Reserved."

My understanding is that there's no "default license", rather that in
the absence of a license there's nothing permitting the exercise of
any of the author-reserved rights by anyone other than the author, so
copying, performing, and such is prohibited outside of fair use.

I'd be wary of looking at code not under an open source license,
however, as it opens up the possibility of a claim by the author of
that code that any code I wrote is actually a derivative work of that
author's code. ( The problem with Microsoft's "Shared Source" license
: http://www.rosenlaw.com/lj8.htm )

Of course, IANAL either.