From: Martin Bonner (Martin.Bonner_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-07 04:40:11

From: Scott McMurray

> On Feb 6, 2008 3:38 AM, Jens Seidel <jensseidel_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> I have seen already some quotes to the C++ standard such as this one
>> and wonder whether it's legal. [snip]
>>
>> Seems like a copyright violation ...
>>

> I think that it's ok, mainly because it's a small thing.
Agreed. I would have expected it to come under "fair use".

> If not, there's always the public comment draft standards which,
> afaik, are on unrestricted distribution.
I believe that strictly speaking, that is not so. My understanding is
that draft standards are copyright works too, but are issued with a
license which allows unrestricted copying /for the purpose of commenting
on the proposed new standard/. Copying for other purposes is not
allowed. (If this is not right, I'm sure that a member of the standards
committee will be along shortly to correct me.)

--
Martin Bonner
Senior Software Engineer/Team Leader