From: Takeshi Mouri (takeshi.mouri.net_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-12 08:52:41

Beman Dawes wrote:

> I'd very much like to see NTFS symlink support added, but I just don't
> have the time right now. I might be able to add the support for Vista
> some in the next month or two, as that is less work, but am worried the
> 2000 and XP support will be troublesome.
>
> If anyone else would like to contribute such support, let me know. Good
> test coverage would have be part of such support.

My Hamigaki.Filesystem library supports Windows Vista symbolic links.
http://tinyurl.com/2lfmah

And the documentation (in Japanese)
http://hamigaki.sourceforge.jp/libs/filesystem/

Hamigaki.Filesystem provides the following functions:

void create_file_symlink(const path&, const path&);
void create_directory_symlink(const path&, const path&);
void create_symlink(const path&, const path&);

Windows Vista symbolic links distinguish between the link to the file
and the link to the directory.
So we need create_file_symlink() and create_directory_symlink().
If the target of the symbolic link exists, you can use create_symlink().

Regards,
Takeshi Mouri