From: salinda h (salinda215_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-21 09:11:35

Hi All,

 For the google summer of code 2008, I wish to build a Cross
Platform Remote Method Invocation Framework for C++ using Boost.Asio,
similar to Java's remote method invocation (RMI). I will provide some macro
definitions to create the proxy code.

Please provide me your comments to adjust this idea to best suit the
interests of boost community. I higly appreciate your suggestions.

A sample code that will use this framework wold look like,

account.h
--------------
DECLARE_BEGIN_PROXY(account)
  DECLARE_METHOD_1(deposit, void, double);
  DECLARE_METHOD_0(get_balance, double);
DECLARE_END;

class account
{
}

Server Code
-----------------
account acc = new account("Foo", 250);
Server s = new server(server::TCP, 19000);
s.attach("Foo", acc);
s.run();

Client Code
account_proxy acct = account_proxy::get_proxy("172.25.44.195", server::TCP,
19000, "Foo");
acct.deposit(100);
double balance = acct.get_balance();

Thank You,