From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-01 12:51:46

Juergen Hunold wrote:
>> I've managed to strip our code down to the attached example. I hope
>> this
>> is small enough and helps...
>>
>>> This is certainly deeply annoying: in
>>> order to fix one bug it appears I've introduced another - but
>>> without seeing the instantiation context and working out what
>>> Boost.Python is doing it's hard to say whether this should be fixed
>>> in type_traits or Boost.Python.
>>
>> My testcase does not use Boost.Python, so I think the problem should
>> be
>> in type_traits. Please note: this only affects 32-bit builds, 64-bit
>> builds using Visual Studio or address-model=64 when using bjam work.

Confirmed: that looks like a valid use case to me! ;-)

I hope this is now fixed in Trunk: note however, you can still generate
types with type_with_alignment<> which can't be passed through a function by
value - but only if no other "ordinary" type is available - previously
type_with_alignment<> wouldn't have compiled in these cases anyway.

Regards, John.