From: Jonathan Franklin (franklin.jonathan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-01 18:05:08

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 2:05 PM, Stefan Seefeld <seefeld_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> vicente.botet wrote:
>
> > I think that a C++ CORBA implementation is a big deal. In addition a
> corba
> > implemenation is not very useful without a minimal set of CORBA
> services.

I agree. You need a minimal ORB impl, which is non-trivial to make usable.
You can get away without a NamingService, but not for long.

I can imagine an experimental new C++ binding to be a worthy summer
> project.

> So, technically I don't see any reason not to try it, if someone's up to
> that task.

A new binding would have to be pushed through the OMG. I don't even want to
*think* of the can of worms you'll probably open there.

I've been wishing for even a semi-rational IDL-C++binding since prior to 00.

Jon